We hope that you enjoy your new carpet for many years to come. To help you keep it looking its best, here are a few simple suggestions for routine maintenance:
- Vacuum your carpet thoroughly at least once a week. Dirt that is left in the carpet can get ground down into the fibers and can cause them to wear prematurely
- Have your carpet professionally steamed cleaned every 12 to 18 months. We would recommend Wonderly Carpet Care (419) 638-6015 or Schneider Carpet Cleaning (419) 334-8190. Both locally owned and operated!
- Manufactures do not recommend self cleaning machines as they put to much water into your carpet and/or could possibly leave soap residue.
- If you have a dirt spot or stain use the “Capture” Spot Remover Powder. This should be used according to the directions on the bottle. Even though Capture may tell you to use the pre-mist, most stains will come out without it
- Difficult stains may require the use of the “Capture” Pre-Mist spray. Spray it directly on the spot, using enough to wet the stain and then wipe with a dry white cloth. This should remove most stains with one application, but it can be repeated if necessary.
- Capture offers a complete line of specialty products to remove most any stains imaginable. See store for details.
- Do not use a soap based product or other over the counter products that could leave a soap residue on your carpet, which will attract dirt.
- If liquids are spilled on the carpet, we recommend the following action
- Soak up as much of the spill as you can with a dry towel. Blot the carpet with the towel and avoid rubbing vigorously, as this will unravel the fibers
A properly maintained carpet will give you the maximum life out of any carpet you purchase. If at any time you should have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at (419) 355-8480 and we would be glad to assist you with any questions.